[CentOS-devel] Forums

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 20:07:36 UTC 2012

On 08/08/12 20:41, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 08:09 PM, Ned Slider wrote:
>> SMF was rejected a long time ago on the basis of the license not being
>> friendly. Please check back in the archives or refer to the matrix here:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums
>>

> smf ver2 is BSD licensed. Would that not be acceptable ?

Why are you asking me? I didn't impose the restrictions on licensing. I
couldn't care less what license the forum software uses as long as it's
the best software for the job. I'd choose vBulletin if it were up to me.
But I understand if others have a desire to use open source software.

So to answer your question, yes a BSD license is acceptable to me. But
it's not my project.

If you have re-evaluated the restrictions on licensing and come to some
other conclusions since that work was done then please do let us know :-)