[CentOS-devel] please add vnconfig to minimal install CD

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Aug 17 23:20:41 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 11:57 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> And my case is that things that don't maintain backwards compatibility
> for arbitrary reasons waste other people's time unnecessarily and are
> thus philosophically evil.  The details don't matter much.  People
> should be able to reuse their work.

I dont think anyone is saying that the old way should go away completely
- but if there are better alternatives that do more, then carrying
excess baggage on the minimal CD might not be ideal.

eg. if you so wish uucp is still usable. you just need to get through a
few hops

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax