[CentOS-devel] Interested in IA64 build.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Aug 28 15:32:56 UTC 2012

On Saturday, June 05, 2010 03:19:40 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/05/2010 07:18 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> > Any follow up to this?  Are the builds still running?  Just wanting to know what needs to be done.  :)
> >

> I was looking at this a short while back, the builds are running. I
> think an irc catchup is called for. I'm going to propose Wed 9th at 2100
> UTC n #centos-devel

Ok, bringing up a two-year-old thread....

We finally got the electrical up (Mitsubishi 9900B 500KVA UPS woo hoo....) in our research building's data center, and have a 20 CPU Altix 3700 up, running, and available to do this.  I know about and am pulling the 'c5-wip' tree Karanbir built a while back, and have allocated 1.4TB of disk on our Clariions here to the effort.  Now, I know the last time this was brought up it didn't go very far; but I'm still interested in doing this, even if for private use here on our three Altix systems.

James, did you get very far?  Karanbir, what would be the chances of a 'refresh' of the ia64 c5-wip tree to 5.8?

I can give more details via private e-mail.