[CentOS-devel] What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:37:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:

> I would like to stay as close as possible to CentOS name, because it
> practically is CentOS, with third-party repositories enabled. Intention
> is to provide easily installable packages from various repositories, but
> I have no desire to make it into developing distro, just a bunch of
> carefully chosen and above all as stable as possible packages sitting on
> top of the CentOS (with as little as possible replaced packages) that
> will attract Desktop users wanting stability above all, but not
> knowledgeable enough to decide what package from what repository they
> are to chose.

Why bother spinning an install for that?  A repository-release file
and list of packages or group for yum should work on top of a standard
install.   I've always thought there should be some standard/easy way
for anyone to publish a set suitable for some particular use, but I
don't think it really exists.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com