[CentOS-devel] The best advertisement for CentOS ever...

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:54:01 UTC 2012

Sorry for off topic in respect of devel target of the ml... but I
could not resist

I saw many times in the past a free solution advertising itself as
viable alternative to commercial ones...
But I never saw the opposite... till today:

http://www.oracle.com/us/dm/h2fy11/nsl100073262-index-1621332.html?msgid=3-6441318010

"
Download Today: Free Oracle Linux Binaries and Errata
Oracle provides Oracle Linux binaries, updates, and errata for free.
Linux users now have a well-tested and timely alternative to CentOS
"

Fantastic!
Even if this announcement could be potentially a problem for CentOS
evolution... I think it demonstrates how good it is right now.

Thanks for all your work

Gianluca