[CentOS-devel] Interested in IA64 build.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Oct 8 21:21:48 UTC 2012

On Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:10:16 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 10/04/2012 04:57 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> > If you need 'blank' artwork template files to amend the
> > branding, please let me know out of band

> why would we not use the centos artwork here ?

If  I'm not able to get binary compatibility, I don't want users thinking
they're running CentOS, with the full binary compatibility that implies.
Rebranding in this case wouldn't be so that it would be 'my' build, but
rebranding would be so that my users won't get the wrong impression of CentOS
when they find binary incompatibilities.

And when I say 'users' I'm talking about my own internal users; if we can get
binary compatibility then I'm fine with this becoming the base for 'real'
CentOS ia64 and being distributed as such, should that be desired and enough
interest, for the bandwidth it will require, is expressed.