[CentOS-devel] Shipping an EPEL release

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sat Sep 15 18:01:37 UTC 2012

On 15/09/12 17:04, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I disagree.  I'd much rather see commonly needed 3rd party repos
> included but with enabled=0. settings.

But that's not your decision to make - it's a decision for the repo
themselves how they configure their repo in their config file.

The way for a distro to have "control" is not to install the
repo-release package by default to start with, just have it present in
the repos if that's what people want.

A sensible criteria for including any repo might be that if it replaces
packages from the distro then it should be disabled (enabled=0) by
default, but it's not a setting for you (the distro) to change.