[CentOS-devel] Centos Test times

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Sep 21 15:34:43 UTC 2012

Hi Mamu

thanks for taking this up - its very helpful.

On 09/21/2012 03:02 PM, Madhurranjan Mohaan wrote:
> We were discussing build and test times on the IRC and one suggestion
> was to get information around tests and how much time its taking .

The massive times for yum install ops are almost certainly down to i/o
on the VM's doing the testing and bandwidth available to pull packages
down.

Over the next few days, I am going to try and get a better setup in
place in a single location that runs the tests behind ci.dev.centos.org
- lets see if we can atleast reduce some of the i/o and bandwidth
bottlenecks.

The overall run time apart from the install operations seems to be well
under 4 minutes, which should be acceptable at this point.

Regards,

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax