[CentOS-devel] MariaDB now available for Testing on CentOS-6

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Feb 12 12:01:40 UTC 2013

On 02/12/2013 01:22 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> quick start:
> drop http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/mariadb/mariadb.repo into
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ and yum list mariadb\*
>
> This is adapted from the Fedora spec adapted by Johnny for CentOS-6 and
> upgraded to 5.5.29; we have done some basic testing on these packages
> and they worked for us. We are now looking for wider testing and
> feedback about both the packaging, the payload and how its setup as well
> as any build issues.
>
> These packages are setup to replace MySQL on your machine, so be
> careful. And we consider these rpms to be of Testing grade, unsuiteable
> for production at this point.
>
> Post feedback as follow up to this email, or at bugs.centos.org/
>
> Regards,

Just for the record and not directly related to these packages: a friend
of mine tested mariadb under production-like load and the results were
less then satisfactory.
Using mariadb 5.5.27 on a  64bit squeeze led to backtrace in mysql.log +
restart when using "ALTER" on tables with 3 rows and 4 columns which was
serving data at 80 Mbps. The log became damaged as well on the second
attempt of using ALTER.