[CentOS-devel] MariaDB now available for Testing on CentOS-6

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 27 17:22:57 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 05:12 PM, James Hogarth wrote:
> I'm on my tablet and and about but if you search mariadb on koji you can
> see (and download) packages now.
>
> They aren't overwriting - but they will conflict with mysql if you choose
> to install them.

This could be a very slippery slope. Lets see what comes from that; is
there any precidence to this sort of a policy ?

> On the bugzilla entry Horza talks about testing a 5.1->5.5 upgrade using
> them on EL platforms which seems interesting in and of itself... But
> regardless of that they will still be built for EPEL and have RH
> maintainers (horza and tom lane handling it).

Over the last few months, I've been in touch with various people, at
Fedora and at MariaDB and this is not what the messaging from them was -
but none the less, a great opportunity to share the responsibility and
coorporate towards a common goal.

Our builds are forked from Honza Horak's work.

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh