[CentOS-devel] From LinkedIn

Mathews, Bruce bruce.mathews at hp.com
Thu Mar 14 02:42:41 UTC 2013

Hi Karanbir,

Thought I would forward this if you had not seen it!

easiest way to install hadoop on ubuntu<http://www.linkedin.com/e/-cy1jqn-he9a9rve-44/vaq/207833953/988957/124906059/view_disc/?hs=false&tok=3kYF3Z2oX5HRE1>

Successfully installed YARN (Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha) on ubuntu. Once ssh is setup the installation is straight forward unless you want to tweak the properties. I like the manual install as you don't know what these scripts are modifying on your system :)

By Neeraj Goswamy

Like<http://www.linkedin.com/e/csrfcKS1/-cy1jqn-he9a9rve-44/lvc/988957/207833953/member/124906059/true/eml-fllw_infl-like_post/?hs=false&tok=1g1c-KPXL5HRE1>

*

Comment<http://www.linkedin.com/e/-cy1jqn-he9a9rve-44/vaq/207833953/988957/124906059/view_disc/?hs=false&tok=3kYF3Z2oX5HRE1>

*

Follow Neeraj<http://www.linkedin.com/e/-cy1jqn-he9a9rve-44/flg/follow/21639339/988957/eml-fllw_infl-b-hero_fllw/?hs=false&tok=0fG09byAj5HRE1>

HTH,

Bruce Basil Mathews

HP Cloud Services, DBaaS Architect

Hewlett-Packard Company

+1 760 961 7699 / Tel

+1 760 553 3197 / Mobile

bruce.mathews at hp.com / Email

12386 Pocomoke Road

Apple Valley, CA 92308

USA

HP Public Cloud Site: http://www.hpcloud.com

'All the world is a stage, and all the men and women in it, merely players'

Jaquis, As You Like It!