[CentOS-devel] CentOS-6.4 OpenStack testing cloud images

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Oct 31 11:55:39 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

On 10/24/2013 05:38 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> CentOS-6.4 i386 and x86_64 images targetting OpenStack are now available
> for testing at http://dev.centos.org/centos/hvm/ Images are available
> for KVM, Hyper-V, VMware, Xen and any other HVM hypervisor.  Although,
> the 6.x kernel has the pv support enabled, so should work fine under
> paravirt Xen as well.

We found a couple of things:

1) The udev persistence rules are still there, those need to go -
otherwise snapshot + boot of snapshot is a problem

2) The cloud-user account is still being created, we need to disable that.

3) cloud-init is, at the moment, setup to disable root access - but that
does not seem to be happening in some cases, whereas in other cases it
does. We need to figure that out.

4) there is no grow-root, while this should not be a blocker for the
existing / present images - we should fix this for 6.5

Comments / thoughts ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh