[CentOS-devel] devtoolset 2.0 released

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Thu Sep 26 19:55:15 UTC 2013

On 09/10/2013 16:04 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> On 09/10/2013 04:58 PM, Dave Johansen wrote:
>> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2013-1226.html>
>>
>> devtoolset 2.0 was just released. Any chance we can get a build of it
>> like the previous one?
>
> it's still beta.
> anyway unfortunately 2.0 can't be build without binary rpm from rh so
> imho centos no longer can release 2.0 rpms.

I tried to compile some of the src.rpm's. It almost seems like they were
using a Fedora box to compile the packages. The missing packages listed
in the spec file are readily available on Fedora. Even the requirements
for 'java >= 1.6.0' seemed to be satisfied on Fedora, but not RHEL. Are
they using Fedora or RHEL 7 beta? It seems to me that they would make
the packages that are required to build devtoolset packages available.

What binaries were you referring to?

...Jeff