[CentOS-devel] t_functional tests and integrated packages

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Apr 4 14:21:25 UTC 2014

On 04/04/14 16:05, Davide Principi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to write t_functional tests covering the setup of different
> packages working together.
>
> For instance, think about a complete mail server setup, consisting of
> Postfix, Amavis, ClamAV, Dovecot and more...  This is the typical
> situation I deal with, when I run configuration management software,
> like NethServer -- I hope it will be a CentOS variant :) -- acting on
> the top of CentOS.
>
> How to extend t_functional in that case? Should I add a "role" test,
> such as the existing "lamp"?
>
> I saw "role" tests are executed on the same environment, after other
> "package" tests. What if a particular role test must be executed on a
> pristine environment?
>
> I'm worried about - say - OpenLDAP or MySQL: what if they are
> provisioned by different test cases in a conflicting way?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Davide,

Just to clarify : t_functional is used to test the distro, so it doesn't
target (at this point) packages not present in the distro, but residing
in third-party repositories.
So in your example you can have tests for postfix and dovecot but not
clamav.
Also, postfix and dovecot are already tested (see for example
https://git.centos.org/tree/sig-core!t_functional.git/d002e923e0fdacc80f3351c3c0032a02d4676d53/tests!p_postfix)
but they can be extended if needed.

It's also true that if you want to test interactions between versious
packages, a role is needed (like r_lamp)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab