[CentOS-devel] A project calendar

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Apr 11 07:00:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 07:38:34PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 04/10/2014 10:06 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>
> > No account system? :)
>
> Not currently. We're working on doing a 'best of breed' comparison
> between FAS and FreeIPA, as they're the two systems that meet our needs.
> FreeIPA lacks oauth, but FAS lacks significantly in documentation, and
> doesn't appear to be 'officially' packaged for distribution(EPEL or
> other public repo). Who in fedora would we work with to ensure a fair
> comparison between the two?

Couple of things here.
The Fedora infrastructure only deploy application using RPM, so all our
application are packaged, but not all them are in the 'official' repositories
(Fedora or EPEL), when they are not, you can find them in the infra repo:
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/repo/6/
(so you will find there also backport of more recent libraries eventually
needed).

The second thing is that FAS is being re-written, we have plans to include some
oauth mechanisms in it for example. So if you see some things missing that you
would like, feel free to suggest them, now is the right time.

Finally, I believe Toshio (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio -
toshio at fedoraproject.org) would be the best person to talk to ensure a fair
comparison, but if you ask your questions here I will of course try my best to
answer them :)

Pierre