[CentOS-devel] ostree as a delivery model

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:27:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Kay Williams <kay at deployproject.org> wrote:
> Actually, it is really a minor difference whether we make full copies of
> packages between repositories or hard link them.  Truth be told, we
> defaulted to hard linking in the past, but thought people might prefer full
> copies (even at the cost of extra disk space) to absolutely guarantee that
> changes in one repository don't affect another. Sound like we were wrong for
> at least one person. :-)

It still seems like an inordinate amount of infrastructure setup and
maintenance, given that the packages are already versioned.  Why can't
you cache all the versions you might need together or pull them
directly from the original repositories as needed?   It sounds as
awkward as having to save a full copy of a source tree for every edit
instead of using sensible versioning.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com