[CentOS-devel] ostree as a delivery model

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:00:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Kay Williams <kay at deployproject.org> wrote:
> It's pretty quick, easy, and efficient, really. Minimal infrastructure, lots
> of caching. How this all works is covered in the project documentation
> (deployproject.org/docs).
>
> We can discuss further, but let's *do* move this offline or to one of the
> project mailing lists (deployproject.org/lists/listinfo).

I'm not sure there is anything to discuss.  What I'm really looking
for is a project that doesn't start with the idea that keeping a
bazillion snapshot copies of already-versioned packages is easy and
efficient. Or that you will only ever have one image in production.
Are there any such things that can use the inherent package versioning
to do reproducible installs and updates?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com