[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 and powerpc

Bryson Lee Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Mon Feb 3 00:48:42 UTC 2014

Hi Karanbir,

Thanks for the info.

> > We also have a vested interest in the ppc64 / ppc32 question, since
> > our app is somewhat bound into the 32-bit arch and the 64-bit kernel /
> > 32-bit userland structure we inherit from F12.
>
> does the ppc userland in rhel7b1 cover the scope ? or are you saying you
> need ( and are therefore offering to help build ) a larger ppc cover ?

I think rhel7b1 has enough to cover us, although there are some (to me) puzzling omissions; boost-python.ppc and python-libs.ppc are there, but python.ppc and python-devel.ppc aren't.   I'm going to do a trial build of our lookaside third-party "stack" against el7b1 and see if anything else pops up.

> Happy to accept any and all help you are able to offer ( its going to mostly be
> a case of finding some time to parse build fails and offer fix's ). Tim
> Verhoeven has offered to also get involved and maybe even take the reins
> of the power build process.

I'll have a look at centos-build-reports and the bld-seven repo.

Thanks again,

-Bryson
 Please note that my e-mail address has changed. My new (current) address is Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com.
 This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.