[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG proposal

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Feb 4 09:00:00 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick,

On 02/03/2014 02:31 PM, Patrick McGarry wrote:
> Just wanted to check on this and see if anyone had thoughts on the
> formation of a storage SIG?  I'm also usually idling on freenode (and
> in #centos) as 'scuttlemonkey' if someone would like to discuss this
> further.  Thanks.

What we need to do is get the proposal stuff done, in front of the board
for the approval and then start working to import content.

I know that ceph easily seperates the cluster end from the client side,
it might then be easier to consider one part of the equation before the
other ?

At fosdem, I did manange to have a series of conversations with people
around the idea of shared code across SIG's ( the sort of thing we might
need to look into for the qemu config changes needed to make ceph work
in the client side ), and its going to be a harder problem to solve.

How are you placed to consider the storage and client sides of ceph as
independant components ?

Finally, I presume you are stepping up to the Storage SIG representative :)

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh