[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Feb 25 15:12:27 UTC 2014

On 02/24/2014 06:49 PM, zf at ancientrocklab.com wrote:

> Hello, every one.
> Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?elrepo.org contribute the latest hardware driver and latest kernel for centos.Using it for a longtime, just want to know if it possible to got it merged to centos main repository.
> What we expected? The latest kernel cotains more optimizer for filesystem driver. such as XFS.

Short answer? No.

Long answer:

1. The base repository design will not change. These packages could be
accepted into a SIG or variant build, but they will never be in base.

2. Elrepo is an entirely separate project that we have no control over.
It's entirely up to them to decide if they want to go this route. We
could certainly welcome them, but it's not our decision to make.

--
Jim Perrin