[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 9 22:40:59 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 06:05 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up. My main "concern" is that bugs.c.o. has
> not been receiving much attention by the community as well as by the
> admin team. It can use more assistance / man power and that should
> help speed up identifying and resolving bugs, or discarding non-bugs
> and redirect users to support venues.

thats an important thing - quite a few of those are just people asking
for help or 'hey i installed this thing, now what'; so i mostly defer to
the QA folks to triage

> There are those that definitely need actions from the admin side. I'm
> hoping, with the latest arrangement, that the devteam would be able to
> spend more time for the stuff hanging in bugs.c.o. Then, anything that
> is still left unresolved > 1 year might have to be "given up" and
> closed as such.

The idea of 'devteam' is going to erode a bit moving forward, which is
good - because the throwback should be a much larger group of people
able to execute / change / propose-change.

How about we recap in 6 months to see if that has happened ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh