[CentOS-devel] updateinfo.xml data for CentOS repositories

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jan 14 16:42:06 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 01:46 AM, Shatil Rafiullah wrote:
>> yes, and if yum was able to collect repodata that spans multiple repos
>> and multiple hosts for those repos - what you are saying will work fine.
>> But, I dont think it does.
> Sorry, Karanbir and Michael, but you've lost me. Would the
> updateinfo.xml.gz not be generated on the CentOS repository itself?
> E.g.,
>
> http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc510/updates/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/
>
> http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc65/updates/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/
>
> CentOS repos have the other XML files in their repodata directories,
> but lack the updateinfo.xml.

No, only if ALL the packages are in the same repository, etc.

Our old repositories are completely split (ie, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc).
They would all need to reside in one repo for that to work.

If we put all the packages, old and new, into one repo then we can't
mirror it all in our current infrastructure to 500 mirrors, etc. (too big).

So, this would take some redesigning and is not as simple as running a
command or two.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes