[CentOS-devel] Cloud-init for CentOS?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 16 10:34:24 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 09:20 AM, Sam Kottler wrote:

> On 01/16/2014 09:54 AM, Nux! wrote:
>> On 16.01.2014 03:07, Logan McNaughton wrote:
>>> Is EPEL not "official" enough? It has cloud-init 0.6.3.
>>
>> It's not, too old and can't handle Cloudstack as a data source.
>
> (I'm one of the maintainers of cloud-init in EPEL)
>
> I will start looking into updating cloud-init in EPEL to 0.7.x. If
> there's a blocker for bumping the version but we can backport the
> cloudstack data source changeset(s) would that be an okay alternative?

given what it is - cloud-init 7.x is the way to go really. And I think
this thread really brings up the need for us to have a Cloud Instance
SIG ( with a smaller sub group that handles vendor specific stuff,
ideally the vendors themselves... )

Now, let me try and see if I can drag AWS down into this SIG.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh