[CentOS-devel] Repository structures for SIG and variants in the future

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:52:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:

>> How do you see this working for a package that is not in EPEL when you
>> install it from some lower-priority 3rd party repo, but is
>> subsequently added to EPEL with a higher version number and an
>> incompatible configuration?
>>

> 1. Same as now.
> 2. User changing EPEL repo file adding "exclude=<package>".
> 3. Creating new repo profile that will change EPEL repo file adding
> "exclude=<package>".

Would you expect users to do that for every package installed from
non-EPEL repos even if they don't currently exist in EPEL or to be
alert enough during updates to notice when one has been added into
EPEL?.   I just wish there were some way that yum could tell you
before it updates from a repo different than the one used for the
initial install of a package.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com