[CentOS-devel] Documentation SIG

Zachary Oglesby zach at oglesby.co
Fri Jan 17 13:43:46 UTC 2014

> On 01/10/2014 05:22 PM, Philip Mather wrote:
>> Has there been any interest or progress in the suggested Documentation SIG?
>>

> Is this proposal to 'write more docs' or
>
> Is it more of a religious 'everyone should write more docs, we will
create resources, make it easier' etc ?

> step1, lets define the problem :)
>
> - K

Having worked on Fedora Docs for many years I would like to make a suggestion that the same model is followed, just in reverse. Many Red Hat docs start as Fedora Documentation and are tweaked to fit RH products. CentOS can use the RH docs as a base and remove the unneeded content. While it will not provide everything CentOS needs for documentation a lot of good content has already been written as in licensed so that it can be reused (CC BY-SA 3.0).

I may be making an incorrect assumption, but it is worth mentioning.