[CentOS-devel] Cloud Instance SIG

Sam Kottler s at shk.io
Tue Jan 21 13:28:58 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-21 02:17, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> pushing this a bit forward since there is quite a bit of activity in
> this area already :
> http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance
>
> while there are quite a few people keen on this subject, I've not
> added
> names to the wiki page, please come along and either edit it in ( if
> you
> are editgroup members ) or request addition and setup a homepage for
> yourself on the wiki.

Will do.

> going out on a limb here but I am going to propose we get cloud-init
> out
> of EPEL into a local repo here so we can mange the entire stack
> locally
> for the time being while the larger repo dependancy conversations are
> ongoing.

I suppose one thing we need to figure out is what to do about packages
like cloud-init that have older versions in EPEL, but many users would
like a newer version of. Do we try to get EPEL to bump the version or do
we just put the updated package into the CentOS repos?

Once we figure that out I'm happy to help maintain cloud-init and other
packages as needed.