[CentOS-devel] Cloud-init for CentOS?

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sun Jan 26 22:47:08 UTC 2014

On 26.01.2014 20:59, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> given that cloud-init does work and do the right thing for eucalyptus
> and openstack ( I've just tested those two ) - what fails for
> CloudInit
> ? is the data provider from CS itself incomplete or not hooking into
> the
> right place ?

I have not tested ssh key and/or user data functionality, I believe
this was already reported to work[1], but from my tests cloud-init never
makes a request to the virtual router on port 8080 to retrieve the
password. Why that is, I'll leave it to someone who knows how cloud-init
works and can read code...

[1]
http://shankerbalan.net/blog/ssh-keys-on-cloudstack-guest-instances-using-cloud-init/

Nux!