[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Public QA OpenVZ OS Template available

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Jun 15 20:58:48 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I just uploaded centos-7-pubqa-20140615.tar.xz to the OpenVZ contributed OS Templates directory on the download section of the OpenVZ website.  I sent an email to the OpenVZ Users mailing list with the details.  Anyone interested can find it here:

http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2014-June/005644.html

Please note that that did *NOT* wrap well in my browser so you may have to copy / paste and word wrap it to make it readable without a horrible amount of horizontal scrolling.

I would provide a link to it but every OpenVZ user *SHOULD* know where to find OS Templates on the OpenVZ website, right? :)

cough... anyway...

Yeah, it seems to work fairly well for me.  Now to try to make a much bulkier OpenVZ OS Template from that minimal one... to include some GUI stuff like KDE and desktop apps I like... with x2goserver from EPEL for quick and easy remote access over ssh.  EL 7 will make a nice desktop until it starts getting long-in-the-tooth. :)

Just to clarify, I'm just a user and this is in no way an "official" release from the CentOS Project.  Enjoy.  Questions or comments are welcome to email me directly... reply to this mailing list... or on the OpenVZ Users mailing list.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street