[CentOS-devel] Kpatch in C7

Tue Jun 3 02:23:30 UTC 2014

hi,

Wondering if anyone has looked at kpatch as yet, and if thats something
we should try and get included in the CentOS Seven release. From what I
can tell its going to be included in RHEL7.

For those who dont know what it is : it lets you patch a running kernel,
with a very simple build process and I-am-not-clear-what-the-delivery
process might be, perhaps rpms itself.

And for the lazy, I've done the search, here are urls to get you
started:  http://rhelblog.redhat.com/2014/02/26/kpatch/ and
https://github.com/dynup/kpatch and http://lwn.net/Articles/597123/