[CentOS-devel] [OT, partly]epel question

Sat Jun 21 01:37:51 UTC 2014
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I've installed MATE desktop (and related packages) from epel on my C7 VM,
just to see how it works on C7.

The answer I've got is "not too well", but I fear I may have done something
wrong.

Before I go any further, is it not toally unreasonable to ask this here? or
should I be banished to redhat bugzilla?

I've got it to the point where when I log in I get top and bottom panels,
and desktop wallpaper. But nothing is drawn in front of the wallpaper,
and right-click context menu on the desktop doesn't do anything. Everything
that I can access thru a panel icon, a panel menu, or a terminal seems
to be working.

I did log on epel IRC and talked with "wolfy" about it, but he didn't have
any firm answers (several good suggestions, though).
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.