[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Sat Jun 7 10:56:15 UTC 2014
Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>

A few quick thoughts....

1. Does the SIG need a naming convention also, e.g.

CentOS-7.1407-Cloud-140805

i.e. the cloud SIG based build done on 5th August 2014 based off the CentOS 7 tree in July 2014.

2. The minor release number is not in the naming convention. Is this a question of length ?

CentOS-7.0-1407

I am thinking as we get to beta releases of 7.1, having a mechanism to name the beta releases independently of the production ones would be useful.

Tim