[CentOS-devel] setting up an emergency update route

Thu Feb 5 10:37:26 UTC 2015
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 02/05/2015 11:32 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> ofcourse - all this is orthogonal to the 'urgent updates' repo. We need
> to solve and find a better way to get content out for the entire tree's
> - but do we need to have that in place before we do this 'urgent
> updates' repo ? Can we not just have that run from mirror.centos.org (
> that has a 10 min update delta .. ), while we workout what the larger
> solution might be ?

how about
- setup (server side ) an additional
"centos-urgent-packages-that-should-have-been-installed-yesterday" repo
- set mirrormanager to provide mirror.c.o exclusively as source for
those packages
- push an updated centos-release with the above repo default enabled
-hardlink the packages to centos-updates where from they will be
eventually be mirrored by all the 2nd and 3rd tier mirrors

Eventually after "should have been installed yesterday' changes into
"last-week's-content"- one can delete the content of this repo, since
the content would have been made available a long time ago via the
regular updates channel.