[CentOS-devel] Buildlogs c7 directory naming

Wed Jan 7 15:15:25 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

buildlogs.centos.org currently has the following directories/repos that
are applicable to building CentOS-7:

http://buildlogs.centos.org/

The applicable directories are:

c7-extras, c7-plus, c7-updates, and c7.00.02, c7.00.03, c7.00.04

We are going to make a slight change to this layout .. it will effect
c7-updates.

We are going to change the name of that directory to c7.00.u

Then for future builds, we will have:  c7.01.b (for base) and c7.01.u
(for updates) during the 7.1 build cycle and period between.  WHne Red
Hat releases the 7.2 source code, we will create c7.02.b and c7.02.u

The reason for all the different build repos (similar to how we build
both CenOS-5 and CentOS-6) is so we can easily later build something
against any of the previous versions at any stage we want (7.1 base
only, etc).

As stated before, the only real change to existing infrastructure will
be that c7-updates directory will become c7.00.u and we are not going to
modify the c7.00.0[2-4] directories as those were for different stages
of the Alpha, Beta build process.

This change will require that I change any mock configs here so that
c7-updates will become c7.00.u as well, which I will do once the change
is in place.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes