[CentOS-devel] CentOS CLA (Contributor License Agreement)

Mon Jun 29 12:49:11 UTC 2015
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:30:58AM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> As it seems FAS (Fedora Account Ssytem) has been chosen as the central
> authentication system for CentOS.org infra, I'm now trying to find
> documentation around it ..
> One thing that I see is the CLA (default in Fedora, that each user
> must sign and agree with) so that means that for FAS we also need to
> have one.

Note that the Fedora Contributor License Agreement ("CLA") is obsolete
and replaced by the "Fedora Project Contributor Agreement" ("FPCA") in
2011 - although we do still use the string "cla" in places for
historical reasons.

The FPCA is *not* a copyright assignment. It's basically just a promise
that all contributions are acceptably licensed.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>