[CentOS-devel] including 3rd party repo release RPMs in Extras

Carl George carl.george at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat Mar 28 20:32:14 UTC 2015

Howdy,

My name is Carl, and I'm a developer for the IUS Community repository.

CentOS users have easy access to the EPEL repo because the epel-release RPM is in the CentOS Extras repository.  Obviously CentOS and EPEL have a special relationship, since they are both sponsored by Red Hat.  A coworker suggested to me that it would be nice if the ius-release RPM could be included in Extras as well.  I brought the idea up in IRC, and Karanbir suggested I draft up a specification that any third party repository can follow to be considered for inclusion.  Here is what I have so far.

https://gist.github.com/cgtx/b854281462a18007f509

If this looks familiar, it's because I used the IUS SafeRepo Initiative as a starting point.  Please share your feedback and ideas.

Carl George
Rackspace RPM Development