[CentOS-devel] Proposal for documentation layout on docs.centos.org

Wed Sep 6 14:48:23 UTC 2023
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 06/09/2023 15:47, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
> I was playing with the ways to organize the CentOS Documentation site
> and came up with the following proposal:
>
> https://hackmd.io/@bookwar/centos-docs-layout
>
> The link has more details but in short we need three categories of content:
>
>   * User Documentation: everything about installing and administering
> the CentOS system. Large guides go here, as well as small Knowledge Base
> articles.
>
>   * Project Documentation: All about processes and policies of the
> CentOS Project.
>
>   * SIGs documentation: Documentation subtrees maintained by each
> Special Interest group on their own.
>
> Note that by SIG docs here I mean documentation written and owned by
> individual special interest groups. The current SIG Guide
> (https://sigs.centos.org/guide/) belongs to the "Project Documentation"
> section in this hierarchy.

These ones (SIGs docs) already exist and are all rendered via mkdocs
(from various git repositories) and so already under
https://sigs.centos.org so no need to change the existing (and working)
workflow
  :-)

FWIW, just waiting on Shaun to turn wiki into read-only static html
files (we have a PoC and just need a "go" from Docs-SIG (see
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1245) so content will be available
(and stored in a git repo itself)

--
Fabian Arrotin