[CentOS-devel] Feedback on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 10 plans

Sun Jan 7 20:05:14 UTC 2024
Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>

On 07/01/2024 19:56, John Cooper via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> I accept that you would be for the v3 base line, however the v3 base line would obliterate the 3 system home lab. I entered the home lab community in the last 2 years at most, the Dell PowerEdge R620 are my very first home lab servers. What’s more they were gifts.

I'll also repeat here what was said on IRC. RHEL 9 is x86_64-v2 and also
has the megaraid_sas driver that supports your controller. RHEL 9 works
on an R620 withg an H710p RAID controller and is not going away until
2032 so you are safe to use your hardware on RHEL 9 until then. At that
point a Dell R620 will be approximately 20 years old and if you  haven't
already replaced it with something newer then you probably should do.
Your hardware will continue to function on RHEL 9 until then.

Trevor