[Centos-docs] yum on RHEL

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:07:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:48:49PM +0100, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:08:08AM +0100, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
> >>anyone want to write up a page on 'YumOnRHEL' and howto setup Centos
> >>repos on there ?
> >>

> >I'm about to go through this process now that the first week of classes are
> >almost over. I've got 2 real RHEL machines that are my primary servers
> >which
> >I intend on using yum with for updates to keep things uniform across my
> >network, and yam to get the updates from RHN. It might be a couple of
> >weeks,
> >but when I'm done I'll write it up and send to the list for comment.
> >
> >Given the current discussion on centos-devel, I will be sure to include a
> >spec file for creating an rpm that provides centos-release for RHEL
> >machines.
>
> excellent!

Ok, I'm finally to the point I can start working on this. Is
HowTos/YumOnRHEL an appropriate page name? I'll just take notes on the Wiki
itself as I go - no point in duplicating my effort locally first.

Should this be linked from the "Yum, RPM and PackageManagement" section, or
the "Non CentOS Applications" section?

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak