[Centos-docs] DVD install create small howto

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Sat Sep 9 15:20:21 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 10:17:00AM -0500, Johnny Hughes enlightened us:
> > This here seems to have been the first misunderstanding: What I wanted
> > to say was, that I would like it very much, if the script is attached to
> > the wiki page itself so that you don't have to pull it down from an
> > external entity -> selfhosting Wiki. You can do this with
> > script with a small paper-clip icon next to it.
>
> Or if we are going to use a mirror .. lets use mirror.centos.org.
>
> Not sure about attachments for scripts though, as we might change them
> on mirror.centos.org. Of course, if it changes on mirror.centos.org it
> might make the directions incorrect and having a copy in the wiki might
> be a good thing.  I'd go either way on that :)

The compromise to me would seem to be attach the script as appropriate for
the instructions, and a note that the most recent version of the script is
available at such and such URL, but be careful as the script may be modified
and work slightly differently than the instructions here.

That, and the page should be updated if/when the script changes :-)

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics