[Centos-docs] Some Spanish Translation

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 28 12:14:17 UTC 2006

Lance Davis wrote:

>> of-course, if we had thought about this earlier, we could have had an
>> /en/ default, which would have worked out really nicely, and fit the
>> master scheme of things
>
> Cant that still be changed ??

we could.. but we'd loose all the google-foo and everyone who has links
into the wiki would then be dead!

>> One thing that would work well in this case, is if someone was to goto
>> a page at wiki.centos.org/es/SomePage/ and find that the page does not
>> exist, it should be possible to put in a message that says "this page
>> does not exist, its not been translated into Spanish as yet, please
>> check the main page at wiki.centos.org/SomePage/
>
> via errordocument 404 or inside the wiki ??

inside the wiki, the moin api is quite rich.

>> BUT, the issue that comes up in that case is - what happens when
>> content is created in /es/ namespace, which does not have a /en/
>> translation ?
>
> Cant we just have a selector dropdown on the front page for language,
> and then set a cookie or something ??

the issue is that happens when someone goes to a page in their language
section which only exists in English ? should we just say - no page, or
should we point them at the other page where they might be able to get
the info they need.