[CentOS-docs] Wiki external links

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 12 21:02:13 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am personally not that fond of the little globe that precedes all the
> external links in the Wiki. Often it disturbs in the reading of a
> paragraph and whether a links is external or internal should not matter to
> the user at all.

I've just been working on the wiki and see what you mean. I think its a
good idea to have them there, so people know its a url to an external
site, however we definitely should try and get something that is not as
stark and harsh. I like the way Trac does external urls (eg:
http://trac.edgewall.org/ ) , and their image seems to blend in quite
well into the text around it.

What are the chances we might be able to get something similar ?