[CentOS-docs] Wiki external links

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Dec 12 21:35:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 21:02 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am personally not that fond of the little globe that precedes all the
> > external links in the Wiki. Often it disturbs in the reading of a
> > paragraph and whether a links is external or internal should not matter to
> > the user at all.
>
> I've just been working on the wiki and see what you mean. I think its a
> good idea to have them there, so people know its a url to an external
> site, however we definitely should try and get something that is not as
> stark and harsh. I like the way Trac does external urls (eg:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ ) , and their image seems to blend in quite
> well into the text around it.
>
> What are the chances we might be able to get something similar ?

copy the icon from their site, view their css, modify ours ? ;-)

From the page source :
<a class="ext-link"
href="http://www.hosted-projects.com/trac/TracDemo/Demo"><span
class="icon">demo site</span>

From their css :
a.ext-link .icon {
  background: url(../extlink.gif) left center no-repeat;
  padding-left: 16px;

and here is the gif : http://www.edgewall.org/chrome/common/extlink.gif

But i don't know if their css/design is protected or not ?
--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
Solution ?