[Centos-docs] centos extra drivers

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jan 19 09:36:27 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Just wondering where to add the page for this, centos extra drivers
>> project.
>
> Is this an additional repository? If so, I guess somewhere under
> /Repositories would be the right place, with a link from HardwareList.

its basically going to be a DriverDisk image on .iso and .img ( if it
fits a floppy ), which contains drivers ( either updates to existing
ones, or new drivers not included or disabled in the kernel ) that
people can use install time.

Might also need a yumplugin to migrate and move these drivers to a new
kernel everytime a new kernel is installed on the machine. But apart
from that i dont really see any rpm's being created / required.

- KB