[CentOS-docs] Fwd: centos wiki page needs an update for centos 5

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Fri Jul 6 08:38:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 09:42 +0200, Wappie MD wrote:
> my username: muha

We request contributors to use the "FirstnameLastname" as their Wiki
name, it fits in better with the Wiki paradigm and keeps things
consistent.

> email: omight at gmail.com
> See the message below for the update I wanted to do, Ralph fixed it
> for me. Now I am registering just in case a Ralph is not around the
> next time to help me out with editing the wiki pages.

Well, registered users do not have page write access either, until an
administrator gives them a "write bit" on a page. If Ralph is not
around, some other Wiki administrator or editor will pick it up. If a
larger change or a new page is proposed, an administrator will usually
offer write access on the relevant page.

We realize that this is not always comfortable, but it keeps Wiki
abusers out of the door and the quality of the content high.

-- Daniel