[CentOS-docs] Edit permissions and CD to DVD procedure

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 23 19:45:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 11:21 -0400, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 08:28:53AM -0400, Phil Schaffner enlightened us:
> > Please sanity-check
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalRepos
>
> I wouldn't assume NFS shares - you could just as easily do this via HTTP,
> FTP, etc.

Agreed - just documented the way we do it here where the IT security
people frown on having HTTP and FTP servers running, but NFS is below
the radar.  I'll add some notes on the other options.

> > http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CreatingUpdateMedia
> >

> Looks pretty good. One problem might be the lack of the base repo on the
> media, though. If you're upgrading from, say, 4.3 to the current 4.4, there
> will be packages in 4.4/os that aren't in 4.4/updates.

Thought about that, but didn't want to turn a Tip into a full HowTo.
Will add a comment on this as well.

Additional suggestions, or editing of the pages, welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phil