[CentOS-docs] Announcing the CentOS on Laptops initiative

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 26 10:31:18 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> I think we are reaching a stage, where we really have to think about a
> different acl model on the wiki ...

I agree.

> Of course we can add a LaptopGroup now, which can edit all pages
> underneath there, but I think that stuff is slowly going to kill us ...

Ok, lets all get our heads together on this and come up with ideas. One
potential is to get a common access ACL thing in place, so once you are
on that list, you can edit anything.

The other thing is that we can split up the wiki by content type. So
developer and admin content goes under a stronger ACL, while the rest of
the stuff ( which is about 80% of the wiki anyway ) stays with a more
open acl model. Even this sort of a system will have a dozens
implementation routes.