[CentOS-docs] Wiki FrontPage Proposition

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:40:40 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:

> > What do you mean with permanet exactly ?
>
> One that is available for every wiki document. The content does not have
> to be permanent (per se), but at least the location and functionality
> should. That is part of helping the visitor find its way.

The link Documentation in the NaviBar is always visible. In the
FrontPage we include some content about Documentation for quicker
access. When the visitor goes inside the wiki, the Documentation link
and others defined are still in the NaviBar, so the user can use it
wherever he whats. The same case of RecentChanges actually.

Actually the NaviBar is horizontally, so reader's order of preference
is from left to right below logo image. In a left sidebar design it
would be from up to down at left side.

In each case we can add links to NaviBar, or remove default links and
add ours ... Maybe we need to consider what we want ... delete default
MoinMoin links (RecentChanges, FindPage, etc) and adding just
Documentation, Donate, etc (always less than 7 or six links as moin
recommend) OR leave default links and add ours after them (still 2 or
3 links more).

If we put just our links (Documentation, Donate, etc) it would be a
very CentOS NaviBar ... but make it a little difficult to users a
quickly access to some important wiki pages like RecentChanges,
FindPages, HelpContents, etc ... of course we could put this important
wiki links on some clear place at FrontPage content section (not at
NaviBar) ... this would make one step longer to access pages like
RecentChanges but users will access CentOS contents through NaviBar
from anywhere with just one click and we could keep NaviBar under 6 or
7 links.

Maybe we can put CentOS important links like Documentation first and
then wiki important links like RecentChanges.

What do you think ? Do we still need a vertically NaviBar ? Could the
horizontal NaviBar do the trick ?