[CentOS-docs] iptables article for Wiki

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Sep 10 09:43:42 UTC 2007

Ned Slider wrote:
> The article would be based on a tutorial I have previously written here:
>
> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=432469
>
> I'm not sure where the article should best go so leave that to your
> discretion.

I created <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables> for you. It's
not linked from anywhere yet, so feel free to take your time.

> If you have any further advice on the type or style of article
> best suited to the Wiki format, please do not hesitate to offer advice,
> otherwise I would use my existing tutorial as a starting point for a
> contribution.

Yes, please do so - it seems to be a pleasant read. We can go over it
after you finished it (or have something to show).

<http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute/EditingCentOSWiki> <- not a real
styleguide, but please take that into mind while writing.

> I have created an account on the Wiki under the username of NedSlider

And as that you are now able to edit that page.

> Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further
> information. Be gentle, I'm a Wiki newbie!

We'll see while you get along with the article. If you think the
article should be split into smaller articles, then please say so and
we'll create more pages for that.

Thank you for contributing that guide!

Ah, one more question: We are going to put the "lyrics" on the wiki
under a <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/> Creative
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license as soon as I figure out on
how to do that correctly in moin. You have to say "yes" to that :)

Cheers,

Ralph