[CentOS-docs] Clarification in HowTos/MigrationGuide page

Mon Sep 10 17:37:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 13:42 -0400, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A little more of clarification :) ... In some wiki pages say that the
> protectbase and priorities yum plugins can not be used together. It
> seems that the next paragraph must be updated:
>
> ====>
> Always beware when using/mixing 3rd-party repos. The yum protectbase
> and/or priorities plugins are your friends. Although both can be used
> together, using protectbase is probably unnecessary if priorities are
> configured properly. See
> Using_protectbase_and_fastestmirror_yum_plugins and
> yum-plugin-priorities.
> <====
>
> See where it says --- Although both can be used together --- .
>
> Other things to note here are:
>   - the link to yum-plugin-priorities page has no information, maybe
> it could be pointed to PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities page.
>   - the large Using_protectbase_and_fastestmirror_yum_plugins link
> maybe could be replaced by two small links to the corresponding plugin
> pages or just the yum's wiki page ?
>
> What do you think ?

I think you are correct.  The empty page was my error in pointing to the
page title rather than the page itself (works for some pages, but not
for others).  How does this look?

        Always beware when using/mixing 3rd-party repos. The yum
        protectbase or priorities plugins are your friends. Although
        both can be used together, the priorities plugin provides more
        functionality and using protectbase is unnecessary if the
        priorities plugin is configured properly. See
        PackageManagement/Yum/ProtectBase and
        PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities.

Phil