[CentOS-docs] Doc for the Wiki

Chris Mauritz chris.mauritz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:32:11 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Chris Mauritz wrote:
>> Daniel de Kok wrote:
>>> Can the original HOWTO can be redistributed, preferably under the
>>> Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license?
>> I don't know.  I've included a link to the original (which itself seems to
>> be a "refresher" of yet another person's version) in the doc.
>
> I have two problems with this. a) I don't see that we can "just take"
> this document and put it under a "Creative Commons Attribution-Share
> Alike 3.0 license" - which is our wiki license. This should be cleared
> by the original author.
>
> My second problem is with the source build of all those packages.
> Building from source is something that we strongly advocate against in
> all other support venues (irc, mailing lists, probably also forums).
>
> And now I let others chime in.

Building from source wasn't my preference either, but there aren't any
up to date packages available.  Anyhow, I modified the document for my
own use in case I need to do it again.  If you'd like to exclude it for
the "compiled from source" reason alone, that's fine with me.  If not,
and you'd like me to request permission from the original author(s), I
am happy to do that.

Best regards,

Chris